To begin the process, a phone call to our office (316) 283-7997; or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will initiate the intake process. During this time, we will gather all initial contact information and then proceed to the application piece.
Required information to determine eligibility for I/DD services:
· I/DD Application
· Medical Examination/ Physical
· Psychological Evaluation (age 7 & up)
· Copy of Social Security Card
· Copy of Government issued ID (if Applicable)
· Copy of Medical Insurance Card
· Guardianship Paperwork (if Applicable)
· Signed authorizations to gather background & diagnostic information
* Your application will be considered complete and ready to begin the determination process once all of the above items have been received.
The Eligibility Determination Process:
According to the Developmental Disabilities Reform Act (DDRA), eligibility criteria for having a developmental disability is defined as:
*** Intellectual Disability ***
Substantial limitations in present functioning that is manifested during the period from birth to age 18 years and is characterized by significantly sub-average intellectual functioning existing concurrently with deficits in adaptive behavior including related limitations in two or more of the following applicable adaptive skill areas:
Communication, Self-care, Home living, Social skills, Community use, Self-direction, Health and safety, Functional academics, Leisure and work
*** Developmental Disability ***
A Severe/Chronic Developmental Disability, which:
Self-care, Receptive and expressive language development and use, Learning and adapting, Mobility, Self-direction, Capacity for independent living, Economic self-sufficiency;
*** Children with a Developmental Disability ***
Harvey-Marion County CDDO
Harvey-Marion County CDDO 500 N. Main Street Suite 204 Newton, KS 67114
Copyright © 2020 Harvey-Marion County CDDO - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: Just be nice webcraft